plastering over dodgy tiles... lots of!

hiya, I've got a beautiful bathroom that is covered in even more lovely blue tiles. The surface is rather uneven, appears sound but will be an absolute nightmare to remove all tiles and I strongly suspect that judging by my luck with the rest of the house that if I attempt to remove them then the walls may indeed fall down!!! Can anyone tell me how successful plastering over tends to be or whether there are any other alternatives? Lins.X

Reply to
linsford

Tile over em.

Plaster wont stock that well.

Or rip em off and redo.

If the wall falls down, put up a new one. Not that hard.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't know about plastering over, but I suspect adhesion could be a problem.

If you tile over you have to consider the edges which will increase in thickness and could look terrible.

In the long term it might well be easier to remove the lot.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Try removing a couple. IME it takes no time at all once you get going. Club hammer and 4" bolster is all you need

Reply to
Stuart Noble

When I knocked of the floor to ceiling white tiles in ours, I found floor to ceiling yellow tiles. I tiled over these to dado hight with no problems, and a plasterer used an adhesive and then plastered over the yellows. A couple of coats of emul;sion finished it. Still sound after 5 years.

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar