Plasterboarding a room

Hi, I have stripped old addled plaster from all the walls in a bedroom. The walls are made of very old cinder blocks. I want to use drywall adhesive to stick the plaster board to the walls. Should I give the walls a coat of PVA, of can I just stick straight onto the blocks. Thanks

Reply to
Cyberdog

Use dot and dab straight to wall,pva will give no real advantage,if you are not practised at applying the adhesive to wall a good tip is apply to board then press to wall

Reply to
Alex

I'm doing similar on brick. surely pva will seal the dusty wal

Reply to
john walker

Maybe, but why bother?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Cyberdog

don't bother with PVA...you can splash the wall with water if it's dusty or very dry - this will kill some of the suction and allow the DLA to bond better

Reply to
Phil L