Plasterboard then PVA then skim plaster?

I'm worried. I've recently heard that you shouldn't PVA plastered wall

when planning to tile. Fair enough, I wont add PVA to our newl plastered walls. However, before the plastering, I did add PVA to th one plasterboard wall, which our plasterer has now skim-plastered over I need to tile on this wall, and am now worried that his plaster ma fall off the plasterboard...resulting in tiles coming down! Any ideas

-- The Count

Reply to
The Count

Yes - stop worrying, it'll be fine.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Had a plasterer in today to repair and re-skim the shower room walls where recent tile removal had literally left its marks. His parting shot was to PVA the skim before I put the new tiles on...

So, do we PVA, or don't we PVA?

I don't. Sounds like a bad idea.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel