Plasterboard

Is there a nationwide shortage of plasterboard or is it not something that the sheds feel a diy'er should need ?

Reply to
norm

No shortage as far as I know - had 15 sheets of the stuff delivered by Jewsons in Ipswich on Saturday morning. Worth trying a Builders' Merchant, rather than your friendly local shed - as them nicely and they might even deliver it for you

Adrian Suffolk UK ======return email munged================= take out the papers and the trash to reply

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Nope, plenty of it around here.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

In message , Adrian Brentnall writes

Deliver? I bought an 8 x 4 sheet of 12.7mm plasterboard from my builders merchants last week. It cost £5 but delivery would have been another £10, so I took it back on the roof rack.

Got just over half of it back home :)))

You live and learn.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Been there - done that This time the job was for another - boarding out a converted cellar for the Church, in fact - so we needed all but one or two inches of the 8ft height - and didn't want joins half-way down.

Nice builders' merchant lorry with a hiab dropped all 15 sheets over the wall for us in one go - and only mashed the edges of two of the sheets..... still - we had some spare.....

Even got most of it up on the walls by the end of Saturday - so not a bad day all round. Shame we'd collected a 2'6" firedoor for the 2'9" doorframe though .

Adrian Suffolk UK

======return email munged================= take out the papers and the trash to reply

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

You should have bought a sheet of ply or MDF at the same time :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Wickes sell it. B&Q don't seem to selll round here.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq