planning enforcement 4 years rule and satellite dishes

Due to some s**te stirring form someone, we don't know who yet, my next door neighbour got a letter from our local planning department, telling her she hasn't got planning permission for her satellite dish. Now the dish has been up for years she can't quite remember but she had Sky analogue and switched to digital in 2000, so its years.

Now from my limited understanding of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, a council is time bared from taking enforcement action after

4 years, now is this the case in respects of the erection of a satellite dish?

"Time Limits- Under Section 171B of the Town and Country Planning Act

1990 enforcement action may only be taken within specified time periods. Usually, where there has been a breach of planning control consisting of the carrying out without planning permission of building,

engineering, mining or other operations in, on, over or under land, no enforcement action may be taken after the end of four years from the date on which operations were substantially completed. Where a breach of planning control consists of the change of use of any building to use as a single dwelling house, no enforcement action may be taken after a period of four years from the date of the breach. In the case of other breaches (with the exception of works to a Listed Building where there is no time limit for enforcement action) no enforcement action may be taken after the end of the period of ten years from the date of the breach."

Reply to
fancyabrew

Well, the quoted text you added seemed to suggest 10 years, not 4 years.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle