Pipe insulation

It seems quite hard to get 6mm pipe insulation for 22mm pipe. Even Armaflex don't go that thin above 15mm pipe.

Found some (Alfaflex red sleeved):

But I wonder why it's so uncommon...? If you use Talon clips (common) stacked, you get 35mm of space around a 22mm = 13/2 - 7.5mm thickness.

Even at such a thin wall thickness, online calcs show it roughly halves heat loss.

Reply to
Tim Watts

With cloth wrap you can have any thickness you want.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If its not in plain sight I've seen all sorts of things used together with duct tape to lag pipes below floors in lofts etc, and they all seem to work well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff