Ping Phillip

Have you ever used that *Projection* plaster? reason being I need to lay on a thick coat of plaster to bring the wall level. The recesses(large area) is about half inch depth to the surrounding outside area and would be silly trying to fill it with *Multi-Finish* just wondering if this will suffice as its supposed to cover in a 13mm thickness.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I think thats what bonding plaster is designed for - its got some kind of gritty filler in it apart from the plaster, so its both cheap and doesn't shrink/crack when slapped on in half inch layers.

THEN use finish plaster over the top for a sexy smooth finish.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've put bonding on 25mm thick in one hit, then another 20mm on a few hours later, but it takes some drying out!

Bonding shoulkd be mixed similarly to skimming but not as wet, especially if you want to put it on in thick coats...don't try to get it on in one if it's above 10mm as it may sag and cause bulges, put on about 7mm at a time and leave for 10 minutes, also, don't wet the wall too much beforehand, just a few splashes to reduce some of the suction.

another tip: skim bonding or browning within 8 hours of putting it on, leaving it 'til the following day makes it too much like hard work - most plasterers will only 'rough-in' (bonding/browning etc) what they are capable of skimming the same day

Reply to
Phil L

Wouldn't know,hence me asking.

Info is not available on the BG homepage.

THEN use finish plaster over the top for a sexy smooth finish.

I get a better finish than that...Silky is more sexier.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Good stuff,managed it in one coat. ;-)

Reply to