Ping: Ed Sirrett

You mentioned a couple of adhesives in a thread yesterday - CT1 and FT101 - I see the latter is available at Screwfix, but can't see any suppliers for CT1 - is it just a good local builders merchant you've got, or a chain ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I have used both and AFAICT they are the same stuff. Namely a multi-resin adhesive/sealant which has the best properties of both silicone and acrylic based products.

I started using this when I went into my local PM and saw a paving slab with a metal handle attached (contact area 2 off 20mm x 20mm) with the stuff. You can reliably pick the paving slab (min 7kg) up with the handle. They had also stuck a jar with water in it to the slab and a variety of other bit and bobs.

I met the rep for CT1 by accident at the PM he says FT101 is not CT1 but he would say that wouldn't he.

I'd say the stuff is as good as silicone or better but sticks wet things together not just dry ones.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for the reply - I haven't had much chance to look around for it yet, but i'm planning on picking up some FT101 when the new Screwfix opens up in Huyton (nr Liverpool) tomorrow :-p - it's perfect timing for sticking some tiles over a small gap at the end of the bath we just had fitted !

I'm just having trouble locating a stockist for CT1 (and the contact form on their website has failed to elicit a response)

Reply to
Colin Wilson