pigeon scarer

Been to the council with this at all?. Environmental health and that?...

Reply to
tony sayer

I've just seen this outpouring and would like to point out that sparrowhawks are birds too. They defaecate and are as prone to AI as any other bird - and far more likely to contract it than humans.

They only take one bird at a time so won't impact on flocks of sparrows. They have also been known to kill pigeons, they even frighten my bantams.

You can't over-feed wild birds. They're far more sensible than humans, you never see a fat one even when they feed on the detritus of human activity.

:-)

Out now to buy another sack of wild bird grain ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Only if you have adequate salt and vinegar.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That would be a very light snack.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Bloody doves, what a racket!

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Give them something better to work with, poor little birdies.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Sticks of dynamite.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Up until yesterday, Mrs Pigeon was sitting on two eggs in the corner of my balcony.

This morning, I noticed that both birds were sitting on the outside ledge of the balcony so I looked out of the window to see an empty nest. The birds flew away when they saw me and haven't been back.

tim

Reply to
tim (back at home)

I doubt that they'll be back but you might be lucky.

I'm hoping for four chicks in a week's time.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

|> Does anyone know how to stop them doing this? |>

|> My sister suggested hanging up some CDs but this |> hasn't helped, neither has removing the furniture that |> they were sitting under, they still sit in the same place. |>

|> tim | |Up until yesterday, Mrs Pigeon was sitting on two eggs |in the corner of my balcony. | |This morning, I noticed that both birds were sitting on the |outside ledge of the balcony so I looked out of the window |to see an empty nest. The birds flew away when they saw |me and haven't been back.

Clear away all traces of the nest, or they may come back.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop