Pictures of my house

Finally life has calmed down and I have made some web pages of my house and more particularly the fun and games i had when I took the front off to repair the medieval timber frame

Having announced to the world that I was about to do this it suddenly occurred to me that wasn't such a good idea so I shut up! It seems that all uk.d-i-y readers are good law abiding citizens tho and as I now have a front on the house again, here are the pictures

Anna ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Plaster conservation and lime plaster repair / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Nice job. So are you going to restore the roof to thatch as well?

Is there scope for some of your fine plasterwork as well?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@kettlenet.co.uk (Anna Kettle) saying something like:

Neat old house. Interesting finding that old window still in place; I presume they just filled in the old window panes with more wattle and daub.

When was the house separated into two properties?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

One day I shall make a trip to the record office and see if I can dig out some more history but my guess is that it was split post Victorian times cos the two houses share a brick and flint boundary wall whereas the division is a picket fence. Brick and flint walls are Victorian in my book tho i could be wrong. Frieda-up-the-road grew up in the house in the 1920s and it had been split by then

Yes. As soon as I make my first million

I shall reinstate the simple scratchwork parget on the outside but more interestingly the hallway ceiling is crying out for a bit of narrow strapwork and I should uncover two inglenook fireplaces which need overmantels, so yes one day there will be ornamental plasterwork but decoration will have to wait a long time yet ... first its structural, then insulation, then plumbing, then electrics ...

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Plaster conservation and lime plaster repair / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Start by making your first mullion... ;-)

Very interesting, by the way.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Just be thankful it isn't listed.