phones for those with poor sight

Are there any telephones with a really big, black on white, caller display ? Preferably with the other things like call blocking, caller display, amplified sound, etc ?

Has any manufacturer got round to using the computer to display phone messages and play the sound ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Steve Firth

There are a few possibles in the RNIB shop:

or

I've never come across the sort of computer application you're thinking of, though it does sound an excellent idea.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Linksys-Cisco 3102 but it may be overkill.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I suggest you look on the rnib sight. There are also the Doro range who seem to pride themselves on hitting this sort of market.

I don't know about computers, but there are accessability systems built into the I phone and many android phones. If Msoft got their finger out and built a proper api into the windows phone we might get things there as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes, and you might also try cobolt systems for some home phone systems. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Doro do a whole range. We have several of them dotted around the house so that I can see who's calling without finding my glasses first.

The model we have includes handsfree, volume control (up to quite loud), warning lights, big buttons, two line display (black on green) with characters about 1cm high.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I got my mum a Doro. Visually, it's not brilliant. In particular, the keys are white lettering on black, whereas most people with poor sight find black on white clearer.

It's loud though, so takes care of the hearing problem.

Reply to
Tim Hodgson

Loads of softphones around

speech to txt is also fairly common

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I too recommended a Doro DECT phone to replace a friend's old analogue big-button phone. She is happy with it apart from complaining she inadvertently pushes buttons when replying, getting unexpected effects. However, to me her voice is not so clear, lacking in top frequencies compared with her old phone and wired phones.

Reply to
Dave W