Petrol-proof washer

The cans in Wickes had white seals in the caps, but I don't know what it was.

Reply to
PeterC

Shower hose plastic is not soft but to get a fibre washer to seal would probably strip the thread or split the fitting, which I can easily do by hand. The mouldings seem to be smooth enough. I also have to consider that my neighbour uses these cans and her grip is about average for a woman - firm but not hard enough to hurt too much (I guess).

Reply to
PeterC

That's it - green Hermatite!

Reply to