permanent ladder standoff beneath gutter?

I'm looking for something solid yet not unsightly I can attach to the house, so I can lean my ladder against that in preference to leaning against the 4" plastic gutter and breaking it. I've got a 'youngman ladder standoff' attachment I use with my other ladders, but that's not really suited to me stepping off the top which is what I wanna do without the hebegebees later getting back down.

Suggestions? Something I can adapt? Was thinking of some scaffolding / handrail related bits to do the following in birdseye view. But pricing bits, looks a tad expensive unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Has to come out 9" from the wall.

____________ . ___________ . / / \ \ | | | |

Reply to
Adrian C

Get the local blacksmith/metal worker make up something to suit. Get it either galvanised or powder coated.

Design in some nibs at each end to stop the ladder sliding sideways like a very wide capital H

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Lash the standoff to a couple of big screw eyes?

Reply to
stuart noble