Patio heating - gas or electric?

Not round here. Someone keeps chucking handfuls of polystyrene past the window, but the carpet is still mostly green.

Reply to
Huge

It might be cool out there (-3, I think), cannot see any frost and it is the brightest, sunniest day you could wish. Grass is *green*! :-)

Reply to
polygonum

On Monday 11 March 2013 20:16 snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Didn't pilot of old have heated flying suits?

Given the massively powerful LiIon batteries we have now, some sort of heated undergarments would be very practical - escpecially for people with outside non physical jobs (guards, traffic wardens, that sort of thing).

Reply to
Tim Watts

or, somewhat cheaper

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

You can get heated motorcycle clothing. A friend with an Ariel Atom has some.

Reply to
Huge

coat & lined trousers, connect to upto 6v after ensuring the wire won't get too hot. 20w should keep you toasty,

Batteries. (At least the off-the-shelf ones do, I assume his DIY one would too.)

Alan Braggins

like sitting by a fire??

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

coat & lined trousers, connect to upto 6v after ensuring the wire won't get too hot. 20w should keep you toasty,

How can you tell? There is exactly no information about the product.

AA's? You'll be kept warm carrying the sacks of batteries you're going to need!

Reply to
Huge

Somewhat.

Reply to
polygonum

You need a rotisserie. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

And sit next to the chickens and kebabs.

Reply to
polygonum

coat & lined trousers, connect to upto 6v after ensuring the wire won't get too hot. 20w should keep you toasty,

I'm a bit sceptical that the maplin one would be very effective running on just

6 AAs. Specs sounds a little odd too up to 45C and up to 2 hours.

So is that 2 hours at 45C I think not probbly about 10mins at 45C and 2 hours if run at 25C. I've heard water skying jackets and snow sky jackets might be a better bet.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Of course if you have yourself, hostess, and six guests in various different outfits, getting them all into heated clothing might take a while and on the whole I think an electric heater would be cheaper and easier :-)

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Ideal PV generating weather.

Reply to
harry

In message , David.WE.Roberts writes

Stay inside the fecking house

Reply to
geoff

One that gives you your deposit back?

Harry - you're a gem, thats for sure

Reply to
geoff

No, just a general consensus that people who use patio heaters are tossers

Become hardier

Reply to
geoff