Patio Door uPVC Profile

Some good advice on here - another if you don't mind.

I had a patio door set fitted by a friend of a friend about 15 years ago - uPVC - Outward hinged pair.

No complaints - but they do not have hinge security bolts and I would like to fit some.

Any ideas on how to identify what I might need so I can go suitably informed to a workshop nearby that stocks a lot of fittings - and stand a good chance of getting the right items. I guess I need to know that the "profile" is.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

This won't help but I wanted to do just that to similar doors of similar age. Each door had a single hinge bolt, but I wanted to add more as I didn't think one was really enough. I took off one of the existing bolts and took it into the supplier, but they must have changed both staff and style of bolts they used, as the guy looked at it and said he'd never seen one like it before. He even went 'out the back' to consult the workshop guys, but the reply was the same. I've not taken it any further and the doors remain with a single hinge bolt.

If you're lucky, the profile is to some sort of Euro-standard, so try Googling for hinge bolts PVC doors, see if they're designed to fit the standard and hope for the best.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

These hinge bolts are claimed to fit euro grooved door frames, and should be OK for many PVC doors.

Chris Hogg

Chris Hogg wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks.

I think I am going to try and mould a replica of the gap - perhaps some pollyfilla in a plastic bag. The ones in the video look bigger that what I have seen on some doors.

Reply to
DerbyBorn