Passageway ceiling

We have passageway through our house that our builder is plastering, having put up plasterboard. Although, it does not get rained on, one end id open and therfore exposed to damp air. What is the best sort of paint to use to protect the plaster from damp. I had wondered about bathroom paint or weathershield.

Any advice would be welcomed.

thanks

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I have a Victorian house where the front door is set back from the outside wall by about a metre. Both side walls between door and front wall are plastered and painted. Seems to have survived rather better than some of the interior plaster. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I seem to recall someone recently when discussing bathroom emulsion mentioned going in to a Dulux Trade Centre and buying (iirc) Dulux Diamond ( ???) emulsion .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Yes but that will be lime plaster, which does not fall to bits when it gets damp. The OP has gypsum plaster in which case the answer is

Take off the plasterboard, redo with Heracliff board, lime plaster and limewash

You dont like that answer? OK

Choose a waterproof paint Oil based gloss? Bathroom paint? and it will probably be OK. Add another coat of paint in a year or two as and when the waterproof film shows signs of breaking up and letting damp through to the plaster

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

What the hell is a heracliff board?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

one end is open to the outside air?

There should be a defined boundary between inside (insulated) and outside (uninsulated).

Sometimes the weather boundary is different than the insulation boundary.

Perhaps you should add mini walls to define which is outside and which is inside. I know I must do something similar when the roof is back on.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Like plasterboard, but it's waterproof enough to keep ghosts out on a Yorkshire moor?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Will it shut Kate Bush out too?

Reply to