Parts for a Concord WRS 240 boiler?

I have the above boiler it appears to have developed a fault with eithe

the gas valve or the thermostat control unit. I've done a search on th net and can't find any specific parts for this boiler which is no surprising since it is ancient. Does anybody here know whether part are still available, or whether any modern parts are compatible wit this boiler? What sort of cost am I looking at for these sorts of part just so I can guard against any creative accounting by anyone I get i to have a look. Also if worst comes to worst what sort of price are yo looking at for a new boiler of similar ilk, i.e. wall mounted, gravit fed. Thanks

-- Bubo

Reply to
Bubo

The gas valve is probably the same as one used in other similar boilers or that era. However unless you are really confident that you can find the correct replacement you had better face up to the fact that it's well best it's best.

See the BoilerChoice FAQ.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

What are the symptoms? I have had a couple of thermocouples go on mine and the gas valve coil went open circuit. Installed it in 1979 and it is still going strong while my neighbours with all the complex electronics have the "engineers" in more often than I have hot curries.

I don't know if this link will work - the web site is pretty crap in my browser:-

IDEAL GAS VALVE 003114 CONCORD WCF,WRS,230A, 240A, 255A 240B Price: £80.11

If not try to get their search button to work and enter concord

Geo

Reply to
Geo