Parquet floor too dark (probably)

Hello,

Under a carpet for the last 25 years (or so) is a parquet floor. If I were to remove the carpet, sand the floor down and give it a few coats of Diamond polish (or whatever), it'll probably look a fairly dark brown. Is there any way of making it lighter? Are there any treatments that could be applied without making it look rubbish to lighten it a little? (I like the light brown one gets with the laminate floors these days)

Thanks

JB

Reply to
John Biddiscombe

If you sand deep enough, and its oak, it will ome up blond. Most decemnt floorvranishes that wera, will rdarken and yellow it and it will darken a klittle more over time.

If its mahiogany, its dark, period.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher