paper scissors?

Can people recommend a pair of paper scissors (or "shears") that will reliably cut through as many sheets of standard 80gsm printer paper as possible in daily use.

Do ones even exist that can handle say 25 sheets?

(I know guillotines and trimmers can get through more, but it's scissors that I need - just a pair of scissors, but one that cuts through the most paper. To be clear: I am not looking for any tool that's lethal weapon- like, so one like this one is definitely out!

)

Reply to
Anon Line

These seem to shrug off all sorts of abuse and cut through all sorts of things by virtue of their finely serrated blades.

Cursitor Doom

Part of the problem is stopping the individual sheets moving relative to one another when using scissors. with a guillotine or trimmer one side is always held flat on a surface.

You may have better luck with wallpaper scissors that have much longer cutting blades.

Reply to
alan_m

Unlikely.

Why d'ye need scissors? We have a small sliding guillotine that you can cut 2 or 3 sheets at a time with. That works nicely and each sheet is cut the same as long as you press down on the guide bar at the same time as sliding the cutter.

You won't be strong enough to cut through 25 sheets at a time with scissors, especially if you insist on all the sheets being cut identically. See, you may not have noticed, but you only have two hands, not four or five.

Reply to
Tim Streater

25 sheets is pushing it, even for a modest ‘wheel’ cutter with a bar to hold them in place ours will do perhaps 5 or so.

An old fashioned guillotine, like they had in schools years ago, might do it if sharp.

Reply to
Brian

What about using a fine saw blade? E.g. use a jigsaw or hacksaw or scroll saw or maybe the tile cutter versions?

Reply to
Lee Nowell

No scissors or standard domestic guillotine will do 25 sheets in one go, or anywhere near. Machines that do this use a sliding blade, and are outside domestic prices. More than about 3 sheets in scissors runs into trouble. If for some reason you must cut as many in one shot as poss, it's not hard to make a sliding blade guillotine. But pushing them to do lots of sheets is counterproductive, you're better putting less in & getting a quick clean cut than fighting over a deeper pile.

Reply to
Animal

A chainsaw works though

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Lee Nowell snipped-for-privacy@nowell.me wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I thought about clamping the sheets between two pieces of plywood and using a jigsaw, but that's overkill.

These scissors are advertised as capable of cutting through 20 sheets of paper:

Anon Line

What weight of paper?, tissue paper?, 80gsm?

How accurate is the cut over all sheets.

Reply to
alan_m

Those are useful for dagging your sheep.

(Might they be "The one and only Billy Shears"?)

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Your hands might fail before the scissors do, but either way - it isn't a good way to tackle the OP's proposed task.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

or an angle grinder?

Reply to
charles

I think your real only solution that will be viable is going to be the guillotine. Scissors are fine for up to about 5 sheets of reasonably thin paper, but if you need to do a lot the leverage of a guillotine is what you need. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Though a little messy, compared to an angle grinder.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq