painting on sealant

I've gloss painted over silicon sealant and the paint has gone into tiny spots. Is there a better way?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

it's not paintable afaik. Adding a couple % linseed oil makes some paints stick better, not tried it on silicone, not optimistic. If you planned to paint it you could blind the silicone while it was still wet.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes. Dont use silicone sealant when painting

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Use acrylic sealant!

Reply to
Andy Burns

or the other way round. There is plastic dye, I've never tried it on silicone, and don't assume it would work.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr