Paint for microwave

Unfortunately from my experience, once you can see rust inside it the rust has spread under the existing paint and although the machine will probably go on for ages, it looks naff and paint bits come off as you clean it. Much like other things you would need to take it apart and treat all the rusty bits and remove the loose paint. The paint I understand is some king of stove enamel put on when the parts were manufactured, so really you might end up with a lot of expense and decide to get a new one or use it as is until it starts to give issues. My last one went on the bend of the door as it was bottom hinged and it started to leak microwaves there. It was a Swedish made Philips as I recall Just crap applied paint. Brian
--
----- -

A rusted microwave (inside the oven, or outside) will usually be a PAT test failure, because of the possibility of microwave leakage. If you can clean up the metal sufficiently to show it's not rusted through and then protect it again, you'll probably be OK, but that's never worth doing commercially. If the rust is at a seam, then forget about repairing it, because you will never be able to make the seal sufficiently electrically conducting again to prevent leakage.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Thursday, 12 January 2017 21:37:00 UTC, ss wrote:

Any solvent based metal paint, even old humbrol enamels.
NT