Paint Code for Honda Civic Alloys

Hi I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter tyres. One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage. I am unable to obtain the correct paint code for the alloy rim. I believe the rims to be from a 2009 Honda Civic Si and are of a dark grey metallic colour. The rims on my Honda Civic are the normal bright silver. I have checked the various Civic forums to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ivor

Reply to
wynvor

Take one in to B&Q and get it colour matched.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Are you sure they're not anodised?

Alternatively, take one of the wheels to your nearest auto paint supplier and ask them to match it.

Reply to
John Williamson

Thanks Baz and John for the prompt replies. I only need a very small amount of paint, as I'm not spraying the complete wheel, so B&Q or Halfords for that matter, would be the best places to go. John, I don't think that the alloys are anodised. Regards Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Mac

In that case, take one into a honda dealer (given they are original honda wheels) and ask for a touch up pen in that colour. Chances are there will only be a short list of options for wheel colour.

Paint will be expensive, but for a touch up pen it's likely to be under a tenner I'd have thought.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

For the sake of the amount of paint required to do the entire wheel, it seems a bit daft not to.

B'sides, they're for winter rims, so will presumably spend three quarters of the time filthy anyway.

Just grab a rattlecan of something approximating right, and blast away. Or don't bother at all.

Reply to
Adrian