Overwintering 85AH spare battery

Or just pick up the same one at Lidl for half the price...

They had them on offer recently. Some stores may have some left.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have 2 batteries I 'put away for winter' ... when in use both have anti-sulphation devices fitted :

Over winter I disconnect these devices and have both batteries connected to a CTEK MXS 5 smart charger.

Reply to
rick

Thanks Nick (and everyone) for the input, in particular, those who recommended the intelligent charger.

That's a good price Nick for the ExLife Pulse at £20 but last Thurs week I bought the Aldi XS at £14. Local branch now sold out. The spec seems similar to the Lidl one sold in September.

The advantage with the Aldi/Lidl is they both have boost, trickle and maintenance cycles. The XS spends it's time between the Yaris and the spare

85AH outboard motor battery.

I've read somewhere, that the intelligent charger's maintenance cycle also has a de-sulfator effect on the battery. It may be too late to influence the longevity of my 5 year old Yaris battery, so the dedicated desulfator may be an option in future.

With the Aldi XS, I can charge the car simply by attaching to +pos terminal and neg to chassis. Nick, do the instructions with your Extralifepulse DS allow for use 'in situ' with regard to car battery use? If not, it may be too much hassle disconnecting battery etc,. ...

Reply to
Bertie Doe