Oversized Posi drill bits?

I've always seen Posi 1, 2 & 3 bits at Wickes/B&Q etc, but never any Pozi 4. Do they exist?

I only ask because, having shredded another of those Rawlplug screw in frame fixings, I'd like to find one. You know, the 100mm long, 10mm dia mediumweight ones that clearly have a head suited to something larger than a Pozi 3.

Having just looked on Rawlplug's website, they really do require a Posi 4. Anyone seen one?

Bromley86

Answering my own question, Screfix do one @ =A32.70.

'd appreciate if anyone knows if they're available in a shop though, as that'd cost me =A37.70 delivered :) .

Reply to
Bromley86

You don't say where you are, but how about a Screwfix shop?

Reply to
Rod

You're a star Rod! Didn't know they existed.

Looks like I'm off to Tunbridge Wells for the second time today. [insert saying about planning & saving time]

Reply to
Bromley86

PPPPPPP

Reply to
1501

10mm hole), the sole purpose of the Pozi head is for REMOVAL only!
Reply to
BrainsHere

one?

?? Certainly not what the instructions on the link say... once you've hammered them in, they should indeed be screwed in.

David

Reply to
Lobster

going into aldi on thursday i noticed they had extension support rods in stock, which i remembered seeing mentioned here in this group ages ago, theyre about a tenner, i bought three, theyre upto 290cm long, with a rachety thingummy, good for holding up plasterboard whilst screwing it to cielings and other such jobs i think...

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

Check out Multi Monties on the Screwfix site. T30 or hex head. I use 3 x

6mm x 120mm to fix 75mm posts to wall. Easier to pull a sailor off your sister than move the post.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman