Outside wiring question

Hi All,
As part of the outdoor "kitchen", I have an outside socket which is run fro m the house using armoured cable. The problem is, that the armoured cable is too short :(
I can position the current outdoor socket in one of the cupboards but I was wondering what cable I needed to have to run from the socket to a place ab ove the worktop? Also, do I need to run it in some plastic/ metal conduit? In theory, the wire would run inside the cupboard until it gets to where th e socket needs to be then channelled up behind the worktop and up a bit abo ve the worktop.
thanks
Lee.
On 23/02/15 19:54, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Still having tourble picturing this - can you sketch it and post a camphone photo on tinypic or something?
I will see if I can sketch something.
Essentially it is like a run of kitchen units made out of timber with cedar doors. The outside socket is connected to armoured cable but will only reach just below worktop height. I need to somehow run cable from this socket to above the work surface.
Does that help at all?
snipped-for-privacy@nowell.me writes

NYY-J/Hituf:
<http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Index/NYY/index.html
Or just some outdoor suitable flex?
--
Chris French

On 23/02/15 21:52, snipped-for-privacy@nowell.me wrote:

Sounds like it would be wise to make it all waterproof, irrespective of whether water *should* be there or not. Sod law and all that...
Joint the SAW (armoured) cable to suitable flex (I'm thinking HiTuf) or T+E but with flat glands:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLTEG2.html
You can use a water resistant plastic box to joint the SWA (make sure the armour is actually earthed at at least the head end even if using 3 core cable and preferably bonded to the 3rd core at both ends - if 2 core, you are using the armour as your earth).
Watch plastic though - it might be as well to use a pirhana nut to make the connection to the armour as plastic has give which can make a compression joint to the earth banjo a bit unreliable.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Manufacturers/Pratley/Piranhna_Earth_Nuts/index.html
Or use a metal box like a pratley box:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Manufacturers/Pratley/Cable_Joints/index.html
All very solid.
I assume you'll be using MK external sockets or similar?
And of course RCD protection at the supply end?
There are a lot of different and good ways to do this - I expect there'll be more suggestions.
Question - what route is the SWA taking to this furniture?
On 23/02/15 23:30, Tim Watts wrote:
"SWA"