Outside water stopcock.

The water supply company (Daniel) recently upgraded the underground supply pipework in out street. They definitely introduced new blue coloured rubber pipework and assume valves outside our front doors.

Assuming that they did install new valves, does this change the way in which I can change my lead (Pb) pipes to MDPE in any way. Will I still have to ask the water supply company to make the connection from my new MDPE tubes to their valve?

Thanks,

Arthur.

Reply to
Arthur

I can't answer your question, but what I can tell you is that a friend has recently got a grant have all his old lead pipe taken out and replaced with plastic pipe. Worth checking with your local environmental health department.

Reply to
troubleinstore

I would ask them anyway, round here they connect if for free.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Which Local Govt was that, mine (barnet - London) liked the idea but dont offer it. Enviromental health admitted they would be the people who would look after the grant process, and susspect other Lonodn LG might do it, but they dont... ;-( No wonder my spellin is so bad with this lead poisning.

Reply to
Ian Tracey

Valley) because the risk is low due to coating inside the pipe. As for the connection .. just turn off the street stop-c*ck and connect your new pipe. Often with new type plastic stopcock they are under a polystyrene cover with a key., very handy.

Reply to
BillV

Thames Water will replace all external lead pipe with MDPE, nothing to do with the council. They even replace galvanised steel if it's leaky.

This was correct as of last year..

Alex

Reply to
Alex