Outside flood/pir light glass

If you do want to spill light onto a neighbour's land, ask their permission first.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I must drop by that farm some time and try and get them adjusted or flags fitted so they aren't illuminating half the valley. They are there to light a yard with lots of haylidge stored on it and some odd bits of machinery.

At 3/4's of a mile, 300' higher and the other side of the valley I doubt we are considered "neighbours" ... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Got the same with my farmer neighbour. His huge yard floodlight points straight at my house 100 yards away but trees block some of it and it's not often on. And anyway he's such a lovely bloke and helps me out so much with various things if I ever get stuck I'd never complain. I get the use of his tractor pressure washer to clean the car, he gave me some plastic water pipe when I needed to extend the pipe depth into the private borehole we share because my pipe was not long enough and kept running dry when the water level dropped. To find some of the right size he even had to cut some off a pipeway he used himself and said he'd sort it out later and not to worry. He found a big hypodermic drainage needle for me when my dog got a huge neck abscess from his box of medical stuff for the sheep and cattle. I rammed that into the dog's neck and got about a quarter of a pint of smelly gunge out - lol. Still it fixed him up without having to pay a vet's bill. Probably saved me 80 quid.

For my part I pull out all the strips of black plastic hay bale wrappers that blow about everywhere and get tangled in the hedges and wire fences whenever I walk the dog up there to save him having to pay one of his men to do it. Not much else I can help him with but at least it's some small recompense for the help he gives me and helps to keep the place tidy. Dunno whether they ever notice it's been done but it makes me feel better and able to contribute in at least some small way to the general environment I feel so at home in now and that he and his wife have welcomed me into so generously for the last 18 months.

Couldn't wish for better neighbours really. He's getting a big bottle of scotch at Xmas anyway.

Reply to
Dave Baker