Outdoor information labels - howto suggestions?

Yes but some confirmation of the map might be nice. I once saw some kind of

3m labelling system actually nailed or screwed to treated wooden posts for this at a Zoo some years ago. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff

on 16/03/2019, Chris Green supposed :

Laser printed on ordinary paper, then hot laminated labels tend to last well. Use a hole punch to make a fixing point, but don't make a hole where the paper is - water will get in and ruin the label.

You can make them any size you like upto A4, easily include what ever text you want. I have had them last decades.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

We've sort of toyed with getting a laminator for a while now so this looks might be a good excuse to actually get one.

My printer is a laser printer so we're OK on that front.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone.

Reply to
Chris Green

I'd experiment with not taking the paper to the edges of the label, to avoid water wicking-in

Reply to
Andy Burns

Traffolyte - it was suggested earlier.

Reply to
charles

I think that would be too thin to be durable, and probably difficult not to punch right through it.

Reply to
Rob Morley

It depends. If it's sheltered rather than knocked about it's fine. Otherwise no, not going to last. I've never accidentally punched through it, it's not that bad.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Wot e said.

Metal punches are fine and good -- but write any length of text and you will look for any other solution.

Also look at "metal etching pen" -- write on metal, permanently.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

One "book of the house" & keep it updated!

Reply to
Jim K..