Outdoor electrics

How much are typical late completion penalties?

Reply to
Clive George

Bummer.

[12 lines snipped]

This surprises me not at all.

Reply to
Huge

IIRC, significant!

Reply to
Huge

Can't remember now, but quite steep.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Hi all

I read this thread with great interest.

I have an outside waterproof double socket which is wired via armoured cabl e to my consumer unit. I now need another 2 sockets run from this one.

When I called the local building control folks they said that if I did this myself, I would need it checked by a qualified spark. He suggested I just run the 2 sockets on a lead which is plugged in to the existing socket. Sin ce this is regarded as temporary then it was not covered.

My reading of the above and the FAQ is that since 2013 this is no longer re quired and I am ok to do this. Is this true? TBH I can't quite recall when I spoke with building control but I doubt it was that long ago.

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

You are correct, they are out of date (if you are in England, not Wales).

Reply to
Tim Watts

The current version of the part P approved doc does not include "outside" as a special location any more. So extension of an existing circuit would no longer be notifiable.

Reply to
John Rumm