outdoor clearance required for balanced flue?

HI,

Does anyone know what the regulations are (eg., Gas Safety, British Standards) for the amount of clearance required for a balanced flue? Our neighbour has property which borders our house and is intending to shift his fence forward (along our house) to gain more room in his back yard, but that would mean as he moves his fence forward, that fence will be closer to our flue (this is the flue from a gas fire approx 3-4 kW). I wasn't sure how much room we should technically leave there, and want to ensure the right amount of space is left in and around the whole general area.

Thanks in advance for your comments, Jack

Reply to
Jack

There are normally detailed diagrams in the appliance installation instructions. If you no longer have them, you might be able to download from the manufacturer, or even have them post you a copy.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Will that not mean that he makes *your* garden smaller?

Reply to
Cuprager

Presumably it's his land but isn't currently fenced. When he encloses it the fence will be close to the flue.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Thanks both,

Andrew - thanks--that did the trick..I called the manufacturer and in fact minimum 3 feet are required on both sides and directly in front of the flue

Cuprager -, no, that is the neighbours property to do with what they want--they are simply shifting forward the fence dividing their front and back yards Cheers Jack

Reply to
Jack

1.2m from a boundary IIRC, and if you have less it's your problem, not his: it's up to you (or your installer) to allow this space from the boundary so that if the neighbour e.g. builds an extansion up to the boundary with a window or air vent directly opposite your flue, the flue will not discharge into their house
Reply to
John Stumbles