OTish: Teenager repulsion - ultrasonics?

A nice friendly cow or a couple of goats? Leave the horns on.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The ultrasonic is a good idea. But how about putting some beehives there? They don't have to contain bees if you don't want them, but you could have a sign that says "Danger: Keep Clear of Bees"

Reply to
Matty F

The message from Owain contains these words:

When I was a nipper I used to walk to school past a field with some goats in. One had a pair of rubber handlebar grips epoxied to its horns. It was still foul tempered, but easier to steer in the rain.

Reply to
Guy King

Any supersonic frequency will be very directional out of doors and need more than a couple of lithium batteries to give sufficient power.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

righty, if nan has land, go up there with shotgun and scare the living flux out of them with (optional mask/s) a few mates! if it dont work it will be so much fun that a vid in test will do as payment for suggestion!

Reply to
Gav

I'm talking biggish lithiums, probably from the army stores, not a set of camera batteries. Or maybe a couple of AH worth of SLA. Would that be more up to it?

Reply to
Doki

Well, if it's directional, beam it to the target from your house and run it off the mains - A kilowatt of power is never going to be run off batteries for long anyway !

Nick

(Doing the same myself, but only with 100 watts to start with )

Reply to
Nick
.

And if it did what rights should the op have to some peace and quiet etc?

I know 'if we aren't part of the solution we are part of the problem' but I am personally fed up taking on the parental role for local kids?

The really great thing is watching them grow up, kicking a football against *their* first / new car and watching them in a panic whilst just shrugging and saying 'sorry' ... ;-)

And isn't it funny how sort a memory their parents have ... when they start moaning about 'local kids kicking footballs on our cars / gardens / green houses ...' .. till I remind them of when their kids were doing that a few years earlier and when told them doing nothing about it ...

What goes round ... ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

But you only need to pulse it surely -

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Mozart. Hire a string quartet.

Reply to
Huge

Having felt the end of a cello bow jabbed into me that could work even if they like classical music.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Plenty of trees and foliage in the way which I suspect would shut it up. For the time being I'm going to go down the route of opening up the area to increase visibility and hope that fixes it. Lots of pain in the arse problems with this idea, so I'll try the simple stuff first.

Reply to
Doki