OTish Murder

I was thinking of cars built in a Japanese-owned factory in the EU, actually.

Reply to
Adrian

That they did. If no-one ever rode in the back, the rear brakes never worked and the disc rusted up. Big problem for the MOT.

Reply to
harryagain

I think he's right. You had absolutely no brakes if the engine wasn't running. The pedal was like a rock too.

Reply to
harryagain

Kinda. The caliper got a bit sticky, and the disc surface got a light coating.

Not a big problem. Either lob your toolbox or a bag of cement in the boot for the week before, or just spend ten minutes with a wire brush and copaslip before the test.

At least, that's the theory. Which is why, when I bought a GSA with an MOT fail sheet that only consisted of "NSR brake ineffective", I wasn't bothered.

Until I tried to remove the wheel. It wouldn't come out the arch easily. Suspension on high, and wangle it out. Some numpty had unbolted the hub nut, and levered the brake disc out, bending the caliper's bracket so the caliper was 45deg to the arm. Then they'd unbolted the disc from the hub, put the hub and wheel back on and flogged the car.

It only had one rear disc. That was why that brake was ineffective...

Reply to
Adrian

It happened all the time in Danger Man and The Saint. I can't remember it happening in Z Cars or Fireball XL5.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I believe that was Phillip:-)

Reply to
ARW

you believe the Phoney Pharaoh, do you?

Reply to
charles

Yes, and they had a car that I was insured to drive.

Reply to
ARW

:-)

Reply to
ARW

I do not read the Daily Express so I am not up on the latest conspiracy theories about Di:-)

I get my facts from viz magazine.

Reply to
ARW

They still have Sid and Baz? And San and Tray?

Reply to
Tim Streater

No point in San and Tray without Baz.

Reply to
ARW

Brand new Vauxhall Vivaro van. Sat in it drinking coffee. Rested foot on brake pedal. Pedal fell off. The AA man declined to comment.

Reply to
Mr Pounder