OTGood read.

Not really, but it is interesting how much argument there is around the the rate and extent of global warming. Obviously, how you extrapolate is one thing. But they can't seem to agree about change if any over the past 50 years.

Cheers, Rob

Reply to
RJH

If you go back to the 1950s ... One thing they forgot to mention is that you would have encountered years that held records for high temperatures for the best part of the next half century.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Indeed, go back a few more years and a couple of cities in Japan encountered higher temperatures in August 1945 than they have seen in the 68 years since.

Reply to
The Other Mike

another religious nut job.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, the problem of course is that despite all of our cleverness, we still cannot be sure what is going to happen. Of course humans will one day either be extinct or a subset of us survive who have some kind of adaptation to cope with whatever the planet does. If you look at the info coming back from mars you can see the kind of huge changes that occur on planets other than our own. the reasons for changes are mainly immaterial in the case of the Earth, they happened and continue to do so. Our lives are too short to appreciate these changes.

I guess it all boils down to the belief that we can inovateour way out of trouble, but since it seems we don't really understand all the variables I find that attitude a bit mad. Still I bet the last two humans left will still befighting about who's god is the real one. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Cheers mate, i have to clean half chewed chocolate croissant off my laptop now :)

Reply to
Gazz