OT:who is Dribble?

Roger is from Essex you know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This is a plantpot and must eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, where you Paddybanding tonight? Fantastic!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This man is clearly mad.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Just the thought of dribble's chewing gum on a potable water connection...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a platpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wibbled on Tuesday 04 May 2010 00:18

Will you be using a spare piece of gum to mark your vote for Labour on Thursday?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Doctor Drivel wibbled on Tuesday 04 May 2010 00:05

I think we're all agreed you are...

I was ambivalent until your Labour ramblings. Tell me, which character in Clockwork Orange do you most identify with (pre or post lobotomy)?

Reply to
Tim Watts

[snip]

The all-time classic, in my view is still the question "Is this linear speed in cubic metres per second?" [1]

[1]
(in thread at
)
Reply to
Andy Wade

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

You are simply talking out of your arse.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I am glad Andy brought that up. I hadn't forgotten about it (far from it), just where it was.

Over the years as Dribble changed his nom de plume he appears to have widened his knowledge of sales catalogues considerably and can even appear plausible if he keeps off the politics but underneath he is still the same dipstick who doesn't understand basic physics.

Looking though that thread again I noticed another indication of Dribble's inability to compute which went unremarked at the time. Coincidentally in a question addressed to Andy:

"Andy,

A practical question. Some quick recovery coils in cylinders can take all the output from say a 36Kw boiler. How would I size the pipes to guarantee that I am extracting all the heat from the boiler and putting it into the cylinder via the quick recovery coil?

It is clear that the temperature drop across the flow and return is a measure of the heat extracted from the flow pipe. If a cylinder maker says their coil can take 36Kw how do I size the pipes? I don't want to put in 28mm or 35mm pipes when 15mm or 22mm at 82C instead of 70C and a fast pump speed would do.

I notice you table was over a 10C flow and return temperature difference. If there a table available that give the Kw extracted with other flow and return temperature differences?"

Typical Dribble. The usual mangled English plus glaring error on a point he has just been put right on and the answer to his question staring him in the face, if only he could draw a simple conclusion.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

There have been some good ones on here?

Reply to