OT: What is the story with with this jonathon/judith/whatever cross posting waste of oxygen?

Easy enough to kill file, but was wondering has someone poked this troll with a DIY shaped stick to attract them here?

Reply to
John Rumm

Who?

Give me a clue..

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Some cross posting d*****ad... normally they get killed by giganews, but for some reason this one is showing up here.

Reply to
John Rumm

I haven't seen anything. I guess the posts are being filtered by news.individual.net

Reply to
Roger Mills

No they are not!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It is a troll who has infested the cycling groups for 5+ years, and has a habit of stalking other posters (online). He/she has been ignored now in virtually all the groups that they inhabit, so now his net has spread, so he is posting in many .uk groups. (there are numerous rumours of the actual identity, the most plausible is Anthony Bourne, a prolific troll from a few years ago, but there hasnt been definite proof.) At the last count there were over 300 different names used by this person, so he goes out of the way to bypass peoples kill files. It is someone who is certainly slightly unhinged, and has been caught out a number of times forging posts by other people, denying it, then the proof of IP address etc is pointed out.

Certainly one to totally ignore, as debating with idiots will always work in their favour, as you'll be dragged down to their level.

Reply to
A.Lee

Judith comes from the the cycling newsgroup. It's probably a bit of a reaction as, AIUI, Dave TMH does go over there and let off steam.

I've seen various bits of Judith's posts over the years via crossposting to the car newsgroups and, peversely I've never understood whether he's for or against the tat he bangs on about. Completely incomprehensible as far as I can make out. As with all good trolls, in the real world, they must be those completely unusable people with a squeued viewpoint of how the world is, who never shut up and who can never admit to being wrong.

Reply to
Scott M

I'm not seeing them. Although perhaps they're tripping one of my extensive suite of killfile rules.

Reply to
Huge

JMS normally infests the cycling groups, and attempts to appear "reasonable" when dragging arguments with posters there to other groups, TMH's alter ego - The Cyclist's VOR or something similar - may have put uk.d-i-y on the radar.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've killed the posters but not discovered how to kill a cross posted group.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

In TP Newsgroup/properties/kill Rules /^Newsgroups:.*,/h will kill all crossposted articles

Reply to
bert

In message , bert writes

OK I'll have a look. Ta!

I don't want to kill all cross posts: just those that include uk.rec.cycles:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

This might work:

/^Newsgroups:.*uk\.rec\.cycles.*/h

I've not tested it.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

En el artículo , Tim Lamb escribió:

A crosspost to two groups is usually ok, more than that is the sign of a trolling f****it, like "Judith".

/^Newsgroups:.*,.*,.*/h

will kill those crossposted to three or more groups.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

Amazing the number of Turnpikers still around

Reply to
bert

En el artículo , bert escribió:

It's still a superb news reader, but I jumped to Thunderbird for email a while back.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Mike Tomlinson scribeth thus

Suitable for both. I can't understand this fascination for TB...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

It's called 64 bit and I can't understand the fascination for that either.

Reply to
bert

En el artículo , tony sayer escribió:

I don't like TB very much, but it seems to be the best of a bad lot. It can be hammered into shape so that it behaves reasonably well. And I've tried dozens of email clients.

Forgot to mention that I still use TP 5.02 (hated 6), and that doesn't handle email attachments very well, hence the jump to TB.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I don't know of any fascination with Thunderbird, but as a recent convert from Turnpike I find it adequate in most respects and preferable in several. Mind you, several add-ons are needed to bring it up to scratch. When I get a circular tuit I'll look into writing my own add-ons to improve it further.

Reply to
Mike Barnes