OT Unsolicited phone call

Not according to this FAQ from the TPS site:

  1. Do I need to renew my subscription with the TPS? If you have registered a residential number or a number belonging to a sole trader or (except in Scotland) partnership, you do not need to renew. However, if you have registered a number on to the Corporate TPS belonging to a Limited company, Plc or other large organisation, you are required to renew annually. In this case TPS will send you an e-mail each year to notify you of this. Failure to renew will result in your number(s) being removed from the CTPS data file. Please be aware that if you change your telephone package, obtained broadband or change telephone line service provider for example, we may receive notice from your current/old line service provider that your line has been made inactive. In this case your number would be removed from the file as the service is only intended for live numbers.
Reply to
Roger Mills

You don't.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

So it should be permenant for a residential line but the end of the FAQ answer indicates that just changing your tariff package or getting broadband could mean you dropping out of their database.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes. Two years doesn't come into it anyway, though (although historically I believe it did; seem to remember a letter from the TPS telling me I would have to renew in two years).

However, that end-of-FAQ-answer just appears to be covering all bases. I doubt that getting broadband, but keeping a BT line, would trigger it. I suspect the 'changing provider' is the critical bit.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I had a persistent TPS ignorer a while ago. In the end I got fed up and the next time they rang I started talking then shouted "NO. NOT THE KNIFE" and made a gurgling noise, dropped the phone, kicked over a chair and listened. The bloke on the other end sounded very worried!

Reply to
Skipweasel

I just answer with 'hello, trading standards. Oh sorry I thought I was still at work, now what is it you want?' I might just change it to 'hello, telephone preference service.....'

Reply to
JJ

The best deterent for unsolicited & nuisance callers

cerberus

Excellent, thank you. The transacript isn't anything like as funny.

Reply to
Huge

He seems to do a lot of it, mostly they aren't anywhere near as funny as that one. He just seemed to get the character right and had the moron on the hook from the start.

He also did some video hits but AFAICS they are sub Candid Camera standard although some of his ideas were an opportunity missed. A bit of shame when he's shown he can do absolute crackers.

Reply to
Steve Firth

with

supposed to tell

Thanks for that, I will try it with the debt collectors who keep hounding me. lol

dg

Reply to
dg