OT:UK RAF airfields mined 1939-1945 ?????

Apart from Occam's razor suggesting it was one of very many German bombs dropped on British airfields, there seem no reason why Britsh booby trap bombs, or demolition bombs, should have been put in an aerial bomb casings
--

Roger Hayter

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:51:01 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Not having seen the device in question, I can't speak to that.
On 15/03/2019 17:51, Roger Hayter wrote:

teh article I read claimed it was not in an aerial bomb casing - it was a pipe bomb
--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:17:00 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

IED :)

If it was made in a munitions factory then it was not improvises.
--

Roger Hayter

On 15/03/2019 15:15, Jethro_uk wrote:

I know of one airfield (and I think a couple more, but am slight less certain) where demolition explosives were found underneath the runway when it was being repaired. You will find this interesting, I think: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/392389/19890627_Op_Crabstick_HBA_Redacted.pdf
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:15:35 +0000, nothanks wrote:

uploads/attachment_data/file/392389/19890627_Op_Crabstick_HBA_Redacted.pdf
Ah, more like it ! Fascinating tx !
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message

See
https://zeticauxo.com/pipe-mine-found-former-military-airfield-hampshire/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-47577930
https://is.gd/jTpjCH
An unexploded World War Two bomb has been found on a disused airfield planned to be used as a lorry park in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
The bomb was found earlier at Manston Airport, Kent, and police and army bomb disposal experts were called in.