OT. Turkey Defrost

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote in news:l43d5c1kpprbl5pn5u6q9li1sabbnamd0t@

4ax.com:

I forgot to mention Coca Cola! The uproar in our town was amazing when it was announced tha tthe CocaCola Lorry was not going to visit.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

'Surely' ... only because someone tries to tell you / me it is. I don't listen to them. ;-)

Again, I don't do any 'festival' so others can call it what they like.

Sure ... because I don't 'do' religion I don't do any of the shenanigans that go with them, in the same way I don't do birthdays or 'celebrate' anything really, or not in a way that others seem to want (/ feel obliged) to do and often on mass.

At the same time I appreciate every day I wake up and that I enjoy reasonable health and a reasonable life. ;-)

I don't 'believe in' marriage (as a construct) as it doesn't do anything for me (in spite of being happily / legally 'married' for nearly 30 years now). eg. We aren't still together because we are married, we are still together because we want to be (therefore the marriage bit is pointless, for the reasons most people seem to view / treat it anyway).

The people who don't get any of that are the very people I'm talking about ... who I believe in many cases just go along with it all because they don't want to be considered strange or antisocial.

Her: I really don't want to go to the party on Saturday ... Him: Don't go then? Her: Don't be ridiculous, we can't not go!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Thanks to all. Bob how would you re-heat it? Back in the oven or in a saucepan with boiling gravy or another way ?

Reply to
john west

That's what it is for anyone with children.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog