OT: Time to Party!

Gentlemen,

As you all know, we're leaving the EU at the end of this month and as a gesture of goodwill and reconciliation, Nigel and Richard are throwing a big party outside the Houses of Parliament and - get this - everyone's invited! I'm only sorry I won't be able to join you all in the celebrations, but I have chipped in financially to make it happen so come along and have a drink on me! :-D

Cursitor Doom

The racist comments on that page (talk of purifying "occupied London" etc.) make it pretty plain who the Brexiteers are.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Well turn the comments off or don't read them, then. That's what I do and I'm not even a snowflake like you obviously are! :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

and it's my birthday too

but I can't go either as I shall be on holiday

(Middle East situation allowing)

tim

Reply to
tim...

I'd imagine by then we will be under martial Law as if America thinks it can just convict foreign nationals without a trial and kill them on foreign soil, how long before the free world is not so free, watch out there is a drone about. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

I don't see what is snowflakey about wanting to know one's enemy.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Some of them are simply disgusting and especially those who don't even live here and are self confessed racists (and often just trolls).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, it's the start of a transition period. If you think this means "Brexit is Done" you are sadly mistaken.

Reply to
newshound

We will be outside the EU after the end of this month. As Art. 50 puts it, after the two years plus extensions (and there won't be another extension after this month), "the Treaties cease to apply to the Member State".

Reply to
Tim Streater

It won't stop a load of nasty idiots beating up 'foreigners' in february because they "haven't left yet".

Reply to
Bob Eager

They (or certainly a lot of them) do. They think the day we leave, all the 'foreigners' will be packed off back where they came from and there would be plenty of spare doctors appointments and houses for sale.

What would upset a large number of the great unwashed who voted Leave with such thoughts is that the chances are they will never see any of that, in fact they will see no change whatsoever, other than things

*will* get more expensive and complicated.

Even those who were voting for less racist reasons (whatever range of different reasons they were) are likely to be disappointed as they won't get what they expected either.

What I expect we will see now (and it's already started) is the government starting to throw money back into the systems they have previously drawn it from as a way of giving people a quick 'feel good' factor in the hope they don't ask why they aren't getting the other things they were promised in the EU referendum.

Oh and 'Custard Doom' is just a troll and like wrestling with a pig ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

there are criminals in every group

even some devout Christians think nothing of breaking the 10 commandments.

(FWIW, the shortened title suggests that the charity had same connection with the wrong doing - that is not the case if you read the article)

tim

Reply to
tim...

Well TBH 10 isn't too bad even I might be able to stick with 10 commandments, but you do know that there were actually 613 commandments !

I guess moses couldn't be bothered bringing all of them down mount whatever or perhaps reading them all out.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Only in an unusual sense of "no connection" which includes laundering all the profits. But since he started and controlled the charity this does not reflect on any other charitable people or institutions. And I do wonder why they are my "lot"? It makes a change from being called an anti-semite I suppose. But if by "your lot" he means patriotic but non-nationalist/fascist British citizens I will happily include the perpetrators in my lot, albeit currently in prison. Them, not me, that is.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I think the term is, the beginning of the end, but at least the rest of Europe can now befriend Iran without us I suppose. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Its called an executive summary these days. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Except the new one we will sign before we go.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But we won'r be signing that as a member state. And on 31st Jan, we leave whether we have signed it or not.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That doesnt matter. We doidnt sign the inital one as a meber state eother. Treaties are, if not worded that way, irrevocable and binding on all successive governments, because the law under which they are signed is beyond national law. Mays 'deal' was a treaty we could not legally escape from except if te EU said we could and bind us to do whatever they wanted forever. I am not sure the current 'deal' is much better. I am not sure if anyone knows where we are with it, or what it is

And on 31st Jan, we

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It won't be on Nigel. He is getting you idiots to pay. Again

Reply to
TimW