OT: "there is no point in having wind power or solar power in the UK"

Do you expect an oil company to arrange for alternative supplies when their usual one is interrupted - at their expense?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No but we don't expect to pay >twice the price for something less reliable.

Reply to
dennis

I expect to be able to set up a contract with a power company where they promise to deliver power. And to source alternative supplies if they can't.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Because the wind does stop blowing there quite often. Ask any sailor.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

This conversation is in the doldrums