OT The Vulcan Bomber

Yup, she was uncharacteristically mealy mouthed about it at the time. "We decided it was a threat and sunk it, and I don't care where it was headed" would have been adequate IMHO. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Your average cop chopper sounds nothing like an Apache though!

Reply to
John Rumm

Is that playing football or watching football? There is a difference.

Reply to
ARW

"ARW" wrote in news:lnhksk$keg$1@dont- email.me:

Agreed - running a team preferably

Reply to
DerbyBorn

If you listen to the watchers, they usually seem to feel that they could have played far better! (Especially without the ref.)

Reply to
Windmill

I watched on doing a bombing run at a range off the coast of the Isle of Man. First up was an American jet, which came in fast and low and missed the target barge by hundreds of yards. Next was a Vulcan, just visible as a spot in the sky. When it went vertical, the range master said the bomb had been released. A while later, the splash wetted the target barge.

Reply to
Nightjar