OT The new van strikes again

It's pissing is down at 8am with a temperature of about 3 deg C and the side door decided to fall off it's top runner and take the piss out of me.

The last van only broke down twice in 12 months and did some good mileage. And I do not consider the sudden failure of the battery to be the vans fault - batteries can sometimes do that.

This one has already been in the garage once (failed water pump) and is booked back in on Wednesday for an Adblue fault and I only got it in September and hardly used it.

On the plus side is was the apprentice's head the door landed on when it fell out of the runner.

Reply to
ARW

Hope you don't leave it overnight full of tools and bits of copper, or a passing scrote might also be able to heave the door off.

Reply to
Andrew

haha

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

I once had a wardrobe and a greenhouse with this issue. I understood that the wayvan doors were designed, this could not happen. The top slide has some kind of capture device to stop it. Another Friday afternoon constructed vehicle? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So now users of vans need crash helmets or perhaps a cycle helmet would suffice. Is this van one of the French make beginning with P? Some of the hospital transport vans were like this and the side doors would sometimes jam and a well placed bang usually fixed it. Its a bit basic, a sliding door, hardly state of the art engineering, but then VWs turned into busses by Bluebird had a problem with the bottom of the doors whereby when they opened they could actually jam on the top of a curb and fall off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't know what you have against scrotes. At least they get out and about, getting some exercise and making their own entertainment - not skulking at home.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet