OT: Telephone ringers for the hearing impaired?

I sit corrected, thank you.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I only know because when I got it, I took it apart!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Pre-privatisation we had an outdoor bell. It added soemthing to the monthly bill

Reply to
charles

Well certainly they will signpost you, or should I say they should sign post you to where to get them. The days of freebies are long gone I fear, unless the person is on means tested benefits and falls into the high risk category. Lots of social services have rigged the criteria so basically nobody qualifies until they are at deaths door.

BT used to do plug in loud ringers or gadgets that vibrate pillows if the person is in bed etc. Not cheap though. Doorbells are another one that might need to be sorted out as well.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You don't get given until you ask. Local audiology can also cause one to get installed too (again I expect you have to ask).

In that case try and get free priority repair enabled. It cuts the BT repair response time from 3 business days and when we get around to it down to working again inside 48 hours with a bit of luck.

Even so you don't want to risk a fall when the safety call won't work.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Your memories are slightly flawed, it was a "Not the Nine O'Clock" sketch. Same actor Rowan Atkinson but seperate productions.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

That's what happens if you are a right brainier ... seeing Rowan Atkinson doing it was all I needed (and considered). ;-)

Good catch though.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Bought from Maplins today (thanks for the heads up Peter (and everyone who replied etc)) and I hope to check it out at Mums tomorrow. ;-)

It might make a change for the ringing in my ears not to be my Tinnitus. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

If you want lots (more than 4 x REN 1 bells) on one phone line

Boosts the ringing to 3 on the phone line and I think 8 via the booster. (Only works with older phones or bells that use 3rd wire ringing).

No connection with the seller, but I may have bought stuff from him.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog