OT: Super yachts

Martin

Re: planes.

Google had an agreement with the US Navy to use one of their airports f.o.c. for scientific flights with their jets.

Someone complained they were also being used by Google jets for non scientific purposes.

Google's response was that these were not 'Google Jets' but jets owned by Google employees.

How do I get a job with Google ?

Reply to
fred

The whole film is really good.

Reply to
Davey

Huge

Blimey, I remember seeing this at the cinema when I was at college in the early 70's.

Huge

Does anyone rememeber the daily mirror doing some sort of boating DIY back in the 70s.

More recently one of the ugliest boats I've seen was the Steve jobs super yacht. Well from the outside anyway.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yep, and it was paired with an animation called 'Fantastic Planet', or something like it. I have them both on DVDs somewhere.

(Cough), I was already working then, and had left my higher education behind.

Reply to
Davey

That's the one!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be, is it?

Reply to
Huge

You are remembering a Mirror Dinghy. Still a very much alive and kicking r acing class, and still being built (homebrew and professionaly) in both woo d and fibreglass. IIRC a number of our current Olympic Sailors spent some time racing Mirrors in their youf.

Reply to
cpvh

Designed by Jack Holt and Barry Bucknell, 51 years old this year

This is a good read as to their abilities, even for non sailors, North Wales to the Black Sea in a year.

Mini Me

Ditto for me except the main feature movie was "Fritz The Cat".

Reply to
Johny B Good

IY back in the 70s.

g racing class, and still being built (homebrew and professionaly) in both wood and fibreglass. IIRC a number of our current Olympic Sailors spent so me time racing Mirrors in their youf.

That (The Unlikely Voyage) looks like a good read. Thanks for the tip

Reply to
fred

Exterior things may want special parts. But inside it's just a caravan on water - don't need marine grade cupboard handles.

I'm saying nothing :)

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos