OT: Suggestions on cheap removal method from Spain to Bulgaria?

Seems like a fairly sound plan. I know a bloke who exports old UK lorries to Romania, so there's certainly a market for old commercial vehicles in the eastern bloc. OTOH, have you considered having a Bulgarian removals firm do it? When the same bloke needs something taking to Romania (ie, spares, a lorry), he always has someone sent over to collect it, as *everything* is much cheaper in that part of the world.

Reply to
Doki

IIRC it took two journeys in an LT35 (LWB sprinter body) for us to move all our stuff into a two bed flat. That said, we did have a king size bed, a sofa, a sofabed...

Reply to
Doki

How long do you reckon it would take to move from Spain to Bulgaria by wheeliebin?

Reply to
Partac

lol. Great Uncle Bulgaria is a Womble, I'll ask him ...

All, thanks :-)

My friend is getting things sorted at the moment, he has found a company to do the transport of his house contents on a lorry already going in that direction.

Reply to
Adrian C

the biggest risk with a 3.5 luton is that you overload it - as many

3.5 tonne vans only have 1200 or so Kg of payload especially if they have a taillift ( and show me a luton from a hire firm that doesnt... )
Reply to
Martyn H

I have noted that actually house contents are bulky, not heavy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't know, but they're jolly useful as barrows (quite easy to pull up/down stairs too)

If you can pinch a few when they're newly issued (and clean) they're well worth having.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Owain coughed up some electrons that declared:

Yes - when I worked in London, we bought 3 I think of the standard sized wheelie bins to keep in the computer room. They would hold all the waste (old chassis, cable, connectors, packaging until the regular biannual skip was booked, then they were easy to take down and unload (2 people if heavy can still lever one over the edge of a skip and invert).

Reply to
Tim S

The handles hook easily onto most towbars too.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

It's reasonably cheap (

Reply to