OT Stage Lighting

Having done stage lighting many years ago for an amateur company, I was fascinted by the technology when I recently saw the Arena Tour of Jesus Christ Superstar. Amazing in that it went to many venues and needed to be stripped, transported and set up in a day - but specifically, I realise that the lighting is computer controlled, but there are other systems such as controlling about 100 radio mics, lighting movements and video integration. What puzzled me is how is it all cued? Is it a case of a technician following the show and hitting a button at certain points? Or has all this become automated and integrated into one system. I have a DVD of the show and the more I see it the more in awe I am of the perfection of such a complex staging. Any pointers?

Reply to
DerbyBorn