OT:Seen in Brum

I agree. I just cleared out our "Rainwater Butt", and you don't want to know what was festering in the bottom of that. I don't think it all has names.

Reply to
Davey

I did Biology at Uni. They do all have names. And some people make a career out of studying this stuff...

The point of waiting is that while there's still some mud there's not nearly as much water on top of it. I also hoped for a warm day, as I'll probably have to shower under the hose :(

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Me, about 15 years.

Ah well we have tended to buy 2000l in Nov/Dec, that'll last until Feb/Mar when another 2000l will take us through to Nov/Dec. Of course buying 2000l at time gets a better price than a tiddly little 500l. B-)

Last bought 2nd Feb, current projection is re-order mid August. But the last week has started to see the temperature fall and the heating is starting to kick in occasionally.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ok, I'll believe you about it all having names. Some of this stuff, though, is very well disguised.

Reply to
Davey

54,000 litres gets a better price yet!
Reply to
Davey

That's the quantity the small local (5 miles) supplier buys in. They can normally beat all the other suppliers round here by 1 or 2 p/l. The other suppliers all have a 60+ mile round trip not 10...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In fact, this supplier is new to us, lives about 25 miles away. Last time I asked them, they could not beat the big usual suppliers, but this time, they were determined to. We were down to 0.15 ppl bargaining diiference. We saved almost 6 ppl over the 'normal' price from one of the other usual suppliers.

Reply to
Davey

Local Sainburys now 113.9 vs 111.9, though I did pay 100.9 back in February with the aid of a discount voucher.

Looks like a few pence less should be possible, thanks to two new Saudi refineries ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I managed a Tesco discount of 18p on one occasion. But if I have no other reason to go there, or I'm not passing it anyway, it's not worth making the journey, as our local Tesco doesn't sell petrol, and the nearest one that does is almost 20 miles away. I can combine it with a trip to Waitrose, if the house Logistics Manager wants to.

Reply to
Davey

Filled up on Saturday (Sainsburys) diesel 109.9 u/l 110.9 ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Morrison's today 106.9 for dizzle.

Reply to
Tim Streater

same here

111 for petrol, 106 for diesel

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Where's that ? Morrisons near us was 111.9 diesel on Saturday ..

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Reply to
Tim Streater

I paid 112.9 for petrol at Bury St. Edmunds Tesco, but I had a discount of 18 ppl taken off of that.

Reply to
Davey

106.9/l diesel - Shrewsbury 16/8/2015

2 hours after I filled up at 108.9 :(

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Had similar experience the other week, put a tenner into the car I was about to trade in (it was running on air, it might have run out before getting to the stealers...) at 110.9. Exchanged cars topped up new one at 108.9 from the same garage just a couple of hours later.

109.9 today at Southport Tesco Extra.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Given todays news about Brent crude, we might well see less than £1/l anyday soon.

I can still remember the news when petrol hit £1/*gallon*

Reply to
Jethro_uk

In message , Jethro_uk writes

kinell. Just been for a drive (Aberdeenshire) to our nearest larger town, and prices ranged from 113.9 to 115.9, with both Tesco and Morrisons at the top of the range.

Heating oil, 5th August, was 47.25 ppl excluding VAT

Reply to
News

Youngster. First car I sort of owned (with a school pal) was a pre-war Austin 7. You could fill the 5 gallon tank for a quid, using 2 star petrol.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)