OT: sayings of my father

My mother died in 1996. I still have occasions when I think 'I must tell Mum that'.

Reply to
Alan White

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Up to a point, at least in Scotland. My son studied TD up to 4th year, at which point he sat National 4, which I understand to be roughly old CSE standard. However, TD itself was lumped in as part of Graphic Communications which covers 2D and 3D communication, including CAD. He dropped the subject at that point, but at least he has used a proper drawing board, and has a basic understanding of the subject.

Reply to
Graeme

Interestingly, Technical Drawing was part of my degree course. It was the only subject you had to pass. All the other subjects were lumped together for a final total. I knew some people who had to retake it twice.

Reply to
charles

Thats normal psychology.

Your subconscious is selecting what to keep.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My father died in 1963 IIRC. I still have occasions when I think 'He would have liked to see that'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If I was misbehaving, my Dad would say 'come on, play the white man'

Reply to
Phi

One of my late father in law's favourites - despite his first class honours degree in bodgery!

Reply to
Terry Casey

The painters job was all in vain.

the shit house poet struck again.

Reply to
Ian Field

That song always makes me want to throw up for some reason.

Reply to
Max Demian

overload of emotion perhaps ?

Reply to