OT: Salt & Pepper grinder recommendations

Fed up of them appearing to clog up and grinding nothing. Tried wooden ones with winding handles, plastic glass ones with twisty turny tops, battery ones with a button to press.

Thanks

Reply to
AnthonyL

WE got some from Foxes spices..superb hard steel mechanism. Still going after 7 years..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Looks like they do cheap ones and good ones:

Basics/Everyday Range is our budget priced range of mills and these mills have a 12 month guarantee on the grinding mechanism and body.

the grinding mechanism, as indicated on the swing tag. If you have a problem with mechanism and body of the mill within the 12 month guarantee period, you should return it to the retailer along with the original sales receipt as proof of purchase. If you have a problem with the mechanism outside the 12 month guarantee period, please return the mill to:

IIRC, back when I bought mine (still fine after 15 to 20 years I guess) they mostly had a 10 year guarantee.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

have a 12 month guarantee on the grinding mechanism and body.

on the grinding mechanism, as indicated on the swing tag. If you have a problem with mechanism and body of the mill within the 12 month guarantee period, you should return it to the retailer along with the original sales receipt as proof of purchase. If you have a problem with the mechanism outside the 12 month guarantee period, please return the mill to:

these are IIRC rather good

rather than steel.

And do herbs as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , AnthonyL writes

I bought mine probably twenty years ago, from Scotts of Stow, back when they sold useful stuff rather than the catalogue crammer crap they offer today.

Back then, Scotts offered a range of die cast (?) metal kitchen accessories, from salt and pepper pots to chalk boards, kitchen roll holders, mug trees etc. All by the same designer, all built to last a lifetime.

The salt and pepper pots have been in regular use since then, and work as well today as when first bought, but that is of little help to you, as such useful devices seemed to disappear from the Scotts catalogue years ago :-(

Reply to
News

I've got a C&M beech pepper mill, had 'for ever' -at least 20 years I guess. Still going fine.

However it did have matching salt one which corroded and broke sometime ago IIRC. We never really put salt on cooked food (except chips) so not bothered about getting another one.

Reply to
chris French

ceramic rather than steel.

I agree that the T&G Crushgrind are quite decent - and available in a wide variety of styles. Some relatively cheap.

If I were going top end, I think I'd get Peugeot.

Reply to
polygonum

> ceramic rather than steel.

Reply to
polygonum

> ceramic rather than steel.

Several here:

polygonum

Aldi do plastic full salt and pepper grinders. They are cost peanuts and the stuff inside tastes fine.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Ceramic grinder, made by Peugeot

(No idea if they also make bikes or cars)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Aldi have some ceramic grinders at the moment. About 7 quid I think but they are massive things.

Mine are from £shop.

Reply to
mogga

Tesco do a disposable pepper mill - not used it myself, but only marginally more expensive than the contents alone.

larkim

In article , mogga writes

Not showing here, was it perhaps somewhere else or just expired?

Reply to
fred