[OT] RFH Identifying incidental music track/band/genre

You'll need to go to iPlayer (it's not available on You Tube), and navigate to Series 6 of 'Waking the Dead', Episode 9 ("Double Bind" part 1). The incidental music of interest occurs in two places, 35m32 to

36m02, and a longer piece at 38m35 to 39m53.

The story is of an older man, who was damaged by psychedelic drugs in the 1960s, reliving his experiences through more such drugs, and the music is background to his 'trip'

Any info on the track (if indeed it was one), band (ditto), or suggestions for sources of similar music gratefully received. Shazam has not been my friend.

TIA!

Reply to
Spike

https://blog.google/products/search/hum-to-search/

Reply to
Richard

According to imdb the composer was Joe Campbell - not sure if that is all the music or just the main theme etc...

John Rumm

I would say that is 'composed for the episode' - it's a sort of West Coast pastiche, probably played by session musicians. I hear bits of Doors, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, and Starship... Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young...Love.. and similar in there.

But although I know that era and those bands pretty well I don't recognise that as part of a released track

This might be useful as incidental music if you cut out the vocals and just use the instrumental bits

The Natural Philosopher

Is it just the part where the guy is hallucinating ?

Reply to
jon

Wow! I'd got The Doors and Jefferson Airplane, and like you thought this was put together for this particular episode of the series.

Me neither, but there's always the hope that someone will recognise it.

It does sound like it could have made quite a good track, capturing as it does the Zeitgeist of the late sixties. I've done a fair amount of You Tube-ing but can't find anything that sounds much like it..

Thanks for your input, though, very interesting.

Reply to
Spike

Yes.

Reply to
Spike

It doesn't appear to be mentioned in Campbell's list - it could have been separately commissioned (or borrowed, for that matter) for use in the episode.

Reply to
Spike

Thanks for the suggestion.

As Shazam hasn't been able to identify the music, a tone-deaf person with no sense of timing humming into an app isn't likely to do any better, but nonetheless it was an interesting idea.

Reply to
Spike

If its not changed last time I tried it it said everything was I will survive or happy birthday. Does it learn by peoples feedback and in the early days those were what people tested it with? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Maybe the person could use virtual recorder and record a few snatches of it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

LOL

From your experiences, it doesn't sound to be learning at all!

I guess it's like that irritating Captcha software, of less use to those who are forced to use it than those who benefit from its being trained.

Spike

Reply to
Spike